Need secure Storage?
Create more space in your HOME or BUSINESS and store your goods in our secure, climate-controlled facility.
Helpful Storage Tips
- Pack in such a way that you leave yourself access to items you might need from time to time. Accessing boxes can be made even easier by labeling them.
- Store items you may need to access at front of unit.
- Worn boxes can collapse and lead to damage. Use similar size boxes so they pack easy and make better use of space. Try to fill boxes to maintain sturdiness and stack lighter boxes on top. Pack heavy things in small boxes and lighter things in larger boxes.
- Rubbermaid bins make excellent moisture-resistant storage containers. They will also resist buckling better than standard boxes.
- Anything important should be wrapped or boxed in storage to protect from dust and dirt.
- Old bed sheets, towels and comforters make excellent padding to protect furniture.
- To save space and possibly money, disassemble any large furniture such as beds, tables. It is a good idea to keep all screws, bolts, and the like, in one accessible container or bag.
Large Appliances & Equipment
- When storing appliances, be sure they are defrosted and empty of water as moisture and humidity will damage your valuables. Refrigerator and freezer doors should be propped slightly open to prevent odor build-up. An opened box of baking soda can be placed inside for added odor prevention.
- Valuable storage space inside appliance’s can be used for small items.
- Cover all furniture and disassemble, if possible.
- Wrap table legs with packing paper as scratch protection.
- Lay down blankets or a pallet between the furniture and the floor of the storage unit.
- Place assembled tables top down on floor with legs pointing towards the ceiling.
- Stack chairs seat-to-seat with cloth or paper separating them.
- Avoid stacking or leaning furniture against outside walls.
Books & Valuable Papers
- Use file boxes. They are the best containers for your important documents.
- Pack books flat and fill any empty space to minimize movement.
- Avoid overfilling cartons. Books are heavy.
- Keep pallets free of moisture by placing plastic sheeting on top of them.
- Wrap plates, saucers, and bowls individually before placing it in a china carton.
- Use a china carton divider kit for increased security.
- Fill paper into bottom, top and empty spaces in the carton.